BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Google Homepages »

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Our Children


Good evening! This is my first ever blog postJ. My hope for starting a blog is to post a few blogs a week that can help to inspire not only the readers but myself as well.  I am going to start every blog with a bible verse. So here we goJ.

~Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in time of trouble~



Children are our legacy. We will forever be remembered through our children, their children, and on down the line. Through the words we say and our actions every day. We need to make sure we are taking time every day to tell our children how much we love them and how valuable they are to us. Take time to play, laugh, and love them. I am as guilty as the next, with working a full time job outside the home. I am tired when I get home and it’s easy to say not now...just give me some time. Well before you know it the night has slipped away and everyone goes off to bed. We say oh well we will get to it tomorrow. Tomorrow comes and goes and before you know it, it could be a year, two, more!!

I heard about a teenager that took his own life and it breaks my heart to no end. I started to think about my children. Can you prevent such a tragedy from happening? Maybe we can maybe we can’t?! I don’t know that for sure. I made sure to tell my kids today how much I love them, how important their lives are to me, and how special they are. I tell them multiple times a day that I love them, but I don’t express how proud of them I am as much as I need to. Sure I tell them when they bring home a good paper I’m proud of you good job…but I don’t tell them out of the blue as much as I should. I tell them not to listen to what people say about them. They know different than what people say when they are being mean. I pray every night over my children; that God keep them close to him and let his light shine through them in everything they do. They are great kids and I pray that God shows me how to raise them in his light. I pray that they learn and never let go of God’s love.

~ Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. ~

I am a firm believer in this verse! I am a product of this very verse! I was raised to know God’s love and was in church all my life until I moved out on my own. I tried my own way for a few years and it didn’t work and now I have found my way back to God. I am a work in progress I guess you would say. But I am learning every day. I am trying to teach my children of that undying love God has for them so that they will not depart from it either!

I pray you have a blessed Evening J

2 comments:

Brenda Daugherty said...

Bravo Mama!!! :) welcome to the blog world :) oooo I know where you can get some freebie layouts :)

Mama Deborah said...

I have been following your post since you put it on facebook. Its looks really good. Maybe you inherited something from me after all, the talent to write and express what you feel. I had forgotten about my blog which I had started back before we even moved out here. I wasn't as computer savvy as I am now. Not that I am an expert now...lol. You got me to thinking about it. I checked and it was still on here. so I revamped it. I took off all the old logs. People who were on there at that time were people I didn't know personally and I no longer have contact with. I still don't know how to do a few a things like the backgrounds other than what they provide and a few other things but it's coming along. Great job!