BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Google Homepages »

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy "2012"

 ~Psalm 40:5 Many, O LORD my God, are Your wonderful works Which You have done; And Your thoughts toward us Cannot be recounted to You in order; If I would declare and speak of them, They are more than can be numbered. ~
As the New Year begins today we all have things we would like to change this year. Many times we have our goals of what we want the new year to bring but let them slip away and don't achieve them. I have a few goals this year. One, I want to read with the children threw the whole Bible in 2012. The most important resolution this year is for me to grow and help the children to grow in our love and walk with God. We have come a long way this past year and I pray to continue to grow everyday. At the beginning of last year we weren't in church and we never prayed. Since we started going to church on a regular basis and started praying everyday things have become so much better and easier around our house. We have seen prayers work from smaller things to bigger things. My verse at the beginning is such a good verse to go with this post because God has done so many wonderful things this year. We have had our trials like Maximus being sick for one. One thing I have really learned this year is not to fret or fear over sickness. Thanks a bunch to my grandma for saying it over and over until I started to practice it :)
~ 2 Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.~
When a problem comes about even if it seems there is no way put your total trust in God. Don't fret or fear over it because that is giving Satan that foothold to run with your fear.
~ 1 John 4:4  You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.~
It's not always easy to say it's in God's hands and I won't fear over it. But if you start praying about it and focus all your energy on God and praying for the issue it does become much easier to let go of fear and focus on the works God will do for you because GREATER IS HE THAT IS IN YOU THAN HE WHO IS IN THE WORLD!!
I pray for each of you that this year be the best you will have yet. God will bless you in more ways then we can ever imagine if we just receive it. I am excited to see what this year will bring for my family. In just a few months of turning back to God and trying hard to follow him he has already shown us so many great things he can do :) This will surely be a year of learning and growing for the children and I. I pray it will be the same for all of you as well!!
~God keep you safe and Bless you the whole year through~
*Deborah*

0 comments: